• Productions can involve all forms of dance (Tap, Jazz, Ballet/lyrical and Musical theater).
For choreography reasons, it will be mandatory that eligible participants be enrolled in both tap & jazz technique classes. You will not be required to participate in ballet/lyrical unless of course you wish to do so or wish to pursue extra curricular solos/duo’s/trio’s or small groups.
• Minimum age: 12 years
• Minimum experience: 3-4 years dance training in tap or jazz. Company class is not a
technique class. It is straight choreography combined with musical theater. There is not
enough time to teach new material to those students who may not be at the same level as
others. This is why a minimum level of experience is needed in all dance forms.
• Class size- min 16 dancers/max 24 (*subject to change for choreography purposes only)
• Attendance to all classes is mandatory- homework, school sports, headaches etc., are
not acceptable excuses (especially in a Disneyland year). There is a lot to be accomplished in a short period of time and missed classes result in choreography delays.
Plan your extra curricular activities accordingly and get your school homework done!!!!!
Take your vitamins too!!!!!!
• Positive attitude- an absolute must for everyone.....who wants to be around a grouch!!
• High level of showmanship....that’s where we excel!
• Dedication to dance
• Self motivation to practice....need I say more!
• Attendance to any fund-raising events (mandatory for all those potentially involved with
Disneyland/Stars at Sea trips.
• Parent involvement -attendance to all meetings, fund-raising events and costume costs.
Note: Organization and transportation of all company props and sets to various events will
be the responsibility of the company parents group. Costume costs tend to be higher than
regular classes due to added accessories and costume changes within the same routine.